Friday 16 October 2015

ARGH a spider!!

Look what we found in our bin. Our whole day changed and became centred around our new friend.

After spending some time looking at our spider we watched the cartoon Spider by Graham Ralph (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnqVbBzntzY)  and thought about what the song was saying.

I like bunny rabbits, I like frogs.
I like pussycats, and I like dogs.
Talking to a tiger is like falling off a log.
Being friendly to the animals is easy!
I've got a couple of hamsters in the garden shed;
One's called Sebastian, and the other's called Fred.
I've even got a teddy bear I take to bed!
Being friendly with the animals is easy!

chorus:
But, a spider in the bath, a spider in the bath!
A creepy crawly, creepy crawly spider in the bath!
I know he's only there because he wants to have a laugh!
With hairy legs and beady eyes that terrify and tantalize!
But, a spider in the bath, a spider in the bath!
A creepy crawly, creepy crawly spider in the bath!
I know he's only there because he wants to have a laugh!
I thought I'd put it down the drain but now he's climbing up the chain!
Spider in the bath!
 
After a while we all decided our spider wasn't scary and just wanted to play. So how could we make his time with us fun?  We found him a house, looked on the internet to see what spiders liked and built him his own home. He didn't seem to like the sausages we had for lunch but at least we shared.
 


After a busy day looking at the sizes of different spiders , counting legs, matching numbers to quantity and talking about what we could do to make our spider happy one of the children wanted to take him home to play at his house.
 
Now we aren't scared of spiders because " we know he's only there because he wants to have a laugh!"